Friday, September 9, 2011

Answered Prayers

               As many of you already know, we are expecting a baby boy in January 2012. I know our battle with infertility was not long compared to many, however, in this time i have gained so much respect for women who go through this trial. I am grateful for modern medicine that helped us to get to this point in life.
              As with all blessings there are some trials along the way. I did miscarry last year and so finding out i was pregnant again was exciting and horrifying all in the same breath. I did not want to go through the pain of losing another baby. I had some rough spots early on with this pregnancy and was placed on bed rest for 3 weeks, when i was 9 weeks along. I did not tell anyone i was expecting as i did not want to explain things if something tragic did happen. I know there have been a lot of prayers on our behalf, trust me i have felt them. This little guy is a result of much fasting and prayer and i am so grateful for every kick and poke he feels to offer me.  To say we are excited is an understatement. I do not think there are words to describe how we feel about our little boy. 
      people have been telling me to update our blog with the big news, but a part of me is scared, paranoid and not ready to tell the world.. This world is scary, and i hope i can keep this little guy safe from some of the harshness that is out there.. I also have this fear of telling everyone and then having tragedy strike.. Am i crazy for thinking so? probably, but i am pregnant so i get the right to act a little crazy!!
   I would post a belly pic, but that means i would need to have a picture taken and well i don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, lol...  and have i mentioned, january needs to hurry up and get HERE!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Lady! You will be an amazing Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of your feelings is okay and justified. Losing pre-term babies is a very hard thing.

    Can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy for you and Jared. Praying that everything continues to go well ... Oh, and as someone whose children are only here because of the miracle of modern medicine, I second your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! Any names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miriam, I'm so excited for you and Jared. The Eaton's are so excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete