Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the official cookie of summer

I have been a little lax in my baking this summer. The oven heats up and the apartment is so warm i wonder if the goodness of cookies and the love of sharing them is worth the heat. Then i had a friend ask me if i would make him some "no bake cookies" since i borrowed his computer cord for a MONTH!! he did not complain and so i was happy to make them. I must admit i am addicted to these cookies. They can be made in 5 minutes and have less sugar and ingredients than most cookies i make. The best part is there is NO BAKING involved and so the apartment stays nice and cool. I remember making these cookies with my mom when i was little. I know now why we made them. they are so easy and so tasty!! Jared loves them and i still have plenty of people to come munch so i do not eat them all!! I have officially decided these will be my family's cookie of the summer.. When the weather cools off and i can bake with out dying of heat i will tuck the recipe away and wait till next summer to make them!!

4 comments:

  1. I love these cookies and always beg Susan to make 'em for me - guess I should learn to make 'em myself if they are so easy. As a bonus the kids don't like them because they look funny, so I get more and they last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious!! can i get the recipe?? i'm so happy to see you are happy...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say I love your scrapbook picture things you post. They are really cute.... And no-bake cookies are the best :)

    ReplyDelete