Thursday, April 2, 2009

nephew # 3 !! Leioni James Ika




I am happy to announce I am an aunt again!! Jared is learning the Uncle thing very fast.. My brother Aaron and his wife Lindsi welcomed Leioni (named after my dad) James ( after Lindsi's dad) Ika to the world on March 24th!! He is a healthy baby and weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 21 1/2 inches long!!! He has hair and is just adorable!! I now have 3 nephews and 2 nieces and they are the loves in my life.. I am amazed at how much i love them and am excited to one day have a family of my own!!
When we went to the hospital Jared was very hesitant to hold Lil Oni (that is what i call him). He was scared he would hurt him. He had me make sure he was holding him right before i could let go of the baby. Jared has not been around babies in quite a long time so when we decide to start our family i know there are going to be some good stories!!! I must admit working in the ER and such I am not one to do "the whole baby thing!" so i will have some stories to share along with Jared:) Malia ( my niece and lil oni's older sis) is so stinkin cute.. She is not really sure what to call him so she sticks to Chubby cheeks!! I have tried to tell her what his name is and she is content on calling him Chubby Cheeks.. I love it!!

Before the baby was born Aaron and Lindsi did not tell us the name so we called the baby TBD (to be determined).. Trae ( his 6 year old, older bro) decided that the T stood for Trae. So Trae calls him TraeBD.. This poor child id going to be so confused.. Trae loves to hold him and love him.. malia is content looking at him, telling him how cute he is and then going on her way.. our lil Miss independant!!

NAP TIME

Nap time for papa and lil Oni.. I was sitting there on my birthday thinking of all the things i am grateful for. As i look over i see my dad and Lil Oni curled up on the floor sleeping.. Any0ne that knows my father, knows this is the one thing he does best. he is such a hard working guy that when he lays down he is literally out in minutes. So i have to capture this moment. Nothing to me is as precious as our two "little ones" all snuggled up and sound asleep.. I think these two are meant to be the best of friends!!
LITTLE FEET MAKE LARGE IMPRINTS



I had to add a picture of his little feet. They were sticking out of the blanket and i was again taken back at how little they are. I was reminded of how little we all started out as and where my little nephew had just come from. I know he was with loved ones who have left this life and those waiting to come. i was am amazed at the little things in life that humble us to remember the big picture!! i love this picture and i am so grateful for the new edition to my brothers family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment