OK so i know i already posted today but, i had a funny moment i thought i would share.. As many of my friends are aware we all have to renew our drivers license when we turn 26. I went in today thinking it was going to be a breeze. I would fill out my paper work and be on my way.. Not such a chance!! The place was packed, apparently the DLV is the place to hang out at on one's lunch break.. Anyways, I was filling out the paper work and talking to the cute little man at the front desk when it was my turn. Then he looked at me and states "you know you have to get a new picture today don't you?" I would have been offended if I was not so shocked. I had just got a new license last Jan 2008 so i did not think i was going to have to get a new pic. I think the look on my face said it all, he just laughed and told me to wait for my number to be called. As i sat there i quickly wondered why the little old man would even ask me that.. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, i look so awful today!!! I had seriously rolled out of bed, threw up my hair and put on clothes thinking "i hope they match, oh well i am just going to fun errands." Not once did it cross my mind i was going to have to get my picture taken. I was honestly more annoyed i had to get a new license this month and then get a new one next month after i get married. So as i am sitting there pondering, my number is called and i go up to a counter with a girl all done up for the day looking just as cute as ever!! I asked her if i really had to get my picture taken today and she just smiled and said yes.. I asked her what i was to do since i am getting married next month and she told me they will issue me a temp license today and i need to come back in with my marriage certificate and i will then get another license.. i immediately asked if i could have my picture taken again when i came in again and she said sure.. I was relieved!! I then took the eye test which was a miracle i passed. HINT: when going to the DLV to renew ones license, do not sit in front of where they take pictures. The flash is so bright you will see stars for a while and then the eye test is much more complicated to take!!!
So i unwillingly go sit and wait for my name to be called to get my picture taken. The girl calls my name and i grudgingly go up to the camera. I read the info to make sure it is correct, which it will be for maybe two weeks till i move to our apartment. I then double check that when I come back with my wedding certificate i can have my picture taken again. She assures me i can and puts a note on my paper that i want a new pic when i come back. I then sit and smile my best for the worst pic of my life. When it came up on the camera i busted up laughing. I looked like i had been hit by a truck before i went in. My hair is all frizzy, my eyes are swollen because i slept more than my usual 6 hours and i had no make up on and to top it off i was sporting an awesome double chin!! My shirt even looks crooked on my shoulders. It was like an elementary picture day all over again!! She asked if i wanted a retake (felt like she was begging me to retake) but, i just laughed and told her no, it was not going to get better than that. I now have the best worst drivers license picture!! I guess I dont get all dazzled up every day and i am lucky if i put make up on more than once a week. So this is the real me.. take it or leave it.. when i go in next time i should be so dressed up, i will look like i am going in for a glamour shot session!! that would ROCK!!!
Love it!! and wow your on the BALL!! it took me about a year and a half before i finally got my licence changed from baker to grant! and then again when i turned 26 it took me about 3 months before i got over to the DMV to get it updated... haa haa!
ReplyDeletemiriam! it's so good to hear from you and thank you so much for the well wishes. i too hope that your wedding day is a dream...no doubt that it will be. you make such a cute couple. thanks for commenting, it is great to keep in touch and i love your blog! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGirlie!! I am so glad you tracked me down!! I love meeting up with good friends:) I am a nurse as well..... maybe we could trade secrets...... smooches! Oh and love the pics! What a hottie!!
ReplyDelete